The latest rankings are out and David Warner takes the top spot for the 1st time in his life. There were many ups and downs in the entire list with most of the players from India, Australia and England having some major shifting.
- Shikhar Dhawan takes the 14th slot, joint along with the England dynamic wicket-keeping batsman, Jos Buttler.
- Virat Kohli slipped down to 3rd place after a couple of failures in the bat. Both the recent dismissals were in the 1st innings while the 2nd innings continues to be his forte.
- MS Dhoni gained one spot to go up to 13th rank in the rankings with Dhawan right below him at number 14.
- Kedar Jadhav gained a career-high ranking with his 232 runs helping him take the 47 rankings.
- Among the bowlers, no Indian managed to penetrate the Top 10 rankings with Akshar Patel moving down 3 places to 12th while Amit Mishra catching up with him at number 14 place.
- Jason Roy’s sensational show in the ODI series means some massive ranking change for him. He’s now entered the top 20 for the first time, taking the 17th place.
- Jos Buttler continues to occupy the 14th spot, joint with Shikhar Dhawan.
- AB de Villiers’ scintillating comeback innings keeps him in the 2nd place in the ODI rankings.