Bangladesh had a horrible start to their tour of West Indies suffering a massive defeat in Two match test series. The Tigers lost the 1st test by an innings and 219 runs. Things continued to get worse for Shakib-Al-Hasan led side, who suffered 166 run loss in the second test.
While the team turns its attention towards the ODI series, fast bowler Mustafizur Rahman has suffered a huge setback after it was informed that he won’t be playing in overseas T20 Leagues for next two years. The decision was confirmed by Bangladesh Cricket Board president Nazmul Hasan on Friday.
Mustafizur’s has suffered many injuries in his career so far, which has led to him missing several crucial series for the national team. Rahman has so far played only ten Tests, 27 ODIs and 24 T20Is for Bangladesh. Due to his recurring toe injury, Rahman also had to miss Bangladesh’s tour of West Indies where the Tigers suffered an embarrassing 2-0 whitewash. Prior to that, they were also beaten 3-0 by Afghanistan in a T20I series in Dehradun.
According to reports in Cricbuzz Nazmul Hasan said “I have told him that he will not be available abroad [for franchise based tournaments] for the next two years,”.
“It cannot go on like this. He will pick up injuries while playing in the franchise league and won’t be available to perform the national duty. It’s just not acceptable. It cannot go on that he will be undergoing rehabilitation to recover from injuries under the care of the board, join those leagues again only to have a similar fortune,” Hassan added.