WWE legend The Undertaker ( real name Mark Callaway) may have called it an end to his days as a wrestler. According to the Ringside News, the publisher and editor of the Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer believes that the phenom with no appearance at WrestleMania 35 or either of WWE’s upcoming Saudi Arabia shows in the pipeline, the rumours could be true.
Meltzer said: He said: “At least as of a week ago he was not doing either [WrestleMania or Saudi Arabia] and obviously [WWE] can panic and Saudi Arabia show if the Prince wants him they can offer him so much money to do it, but as of a week ago he was not on either show.
“So I think he’s retired as a wrestler.”
The wrestling fans went crazy after the Dead Man confirmed his non-WWE booking in decades. The Phenom will be appearing at the Starrcast II wrestling convention on May 25 – one day before rival promotion AEW stages their Double Or Nothing in the same city of Las Vegas.
A couple of weeks back, the 53-year-old officially deleted references to WWE from his social media accounts. The Undertaker has hinted about his retirement after his loss to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 33 when he broke his character and placed his trademark dark jacket, gloves, and hat in the middle of the ring.
While the fans thought that he was done and dusted, Taker made a shock return to defeat John Cena at the last year’s Showcase of the Immortals before going on to wrestle at the Greatest Royal Rumble, Super Show-Down and Crown Jewel.
After joining WWE from WCW in 1990 he became one of the most iconic figures in the world of sports entertainment. The veteran overshadowed some of the legendary Hall of Fame names such as Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock. Taker will retire with an incredible record of 24-2 at WrestleMania.