Soccer, or football as it is called worldwide, is one of the most popular and beloved sports on the planet. The game has come a long way over the years in its technological advancement and popularity, and with it came some of the best soccer balls that you can easily purchase in your nearest sports store.
Nowadays, there are countless options for these balls, coming from various world-renowned brands, so when you decide to purchase one that is suitable for some casual games with friends, it might pose a challenge. To ease this choice for you, we have made a list of some of the best soccer balls the money can buy. Also, according to this website, that can be a great gift for your 8-year-old kid!
Top Rated Professional & Training Soccer Balls
- WILSON Traditional Soccer Ball – Best Overall Soccer Ball
- Adidas Tango Rosario Manchester United Soccer Ball – Best Adidas Soccer Ball
- Senston Soccer Ball Size 5 with Pump – Best Water Resistance Soccer Ball
- American Challenge Brasilia Soccer Ball – Best Budget Soccer Ball
- Adidas Unisex – Best Adult MLS Soccer Ball
- GoSports Classic Soccer Ball with Premium Pump – Best Training Soccer Ball
- Adidas Starlancer V Club Soccer Ball – Best Soccer Ball for the Money
- Wilson NCAA Copia II Soccer Ball – Best Wilson Soccer Ball
- Nike 2020-21 Premier League Strike Ball – Best Premium Soccer Ball
1. WILSON Traditional Soccer Ball – Best Overall Soccer Ball
Nothing can beat the classic, which is exactly what this Wilson’s soccer ball represents. It is an excellent ball for anyone that is being introduced to this great game. Its traditional look consists of black and white pentagon panels, and it is covered with faux leather for excellent durability.
Wilson traditional soccer ball also performs well in different weather conditions, and it features a butyl bladder to retain the shape efficiently. Excellent ball if you are looking for reliability with traditional design.
- Faux leather cover for better durability
- Retains shape and air excellently
- Will show signs of wearing off after long use
2. Adidas Tango Rosario Manchester United Soccer Ball – Best Adidas Soccer Ball
This Adidas ball is available in multiple colors and sizes. The design is based on the ball used in the world’s premier international tournament in Argentina. It is an excellent training ball and has a butyl bladder that efficiently retains the ball’s shape.
It is excellent for different surfaces and has a wonderful, visually appealing design. However, it does come deflated, which many buyers consider as a con.
- Excellent design
- Hand-stitched for excellent durability and touch
- 100% polyurethane leather
- Comes deflated
3. Senston Soccer Ball Size 5 with Pump – Best Water Resistance Soccer Ball
This Senston’s soccer ball comes at official match soccer size 5 alongside a pump and needles valve adapter. It arrives deflated, and it is machine-stitched to ensure excellent durability and soft touch and feel.
The ball uses PU material, elastic EVA foam, and it is equipped with a butyl rubber bladder, which maintains the ball’s air and shape. It rebounds fast, offers excellent elasticity, and provides you with a better touch experience.
- It comes with a pump
- It comes with a needles valve adapter
- Excellent rebound and elasticity
- Color wares of after heavy use
4. American Challenge Brasilia Soccer Ball – Best Budget Soccer Ball
Brasilia soccer ball is available in 5 colors and 4 different sizes. It provides you with exceptional durability, is quite easy to inflate, and comes at an affordable price considering the value you are getting.
It is suited for grass courts and can be damaged on other hard and rugged surfaces after heavy use. The ball is machine-stitched and has a hybrid SR-bladder that ensures that the ball keeps its shape and rebounds well.
- Hybrid SR-bladder
- Flawless construction
- Made of high-quality, durable materials
- It is suited only for grass courts
5. Adidas Unisex – Best Adult MLS Soccer Ball
Adidas unisex MLS soccer ball is an excellent product for a price. It is available in multiple colors that come in 4 different sizes. This soccer ball is a replica, and its design is based on the official MLS one.
Adidas unisex MLS soccer ball feels an ounce or two heavier than the official model, and it requires a bit of breaking in. Since it is highly durable, it can last for a couple of seasons, but of course, it will last for a longer period if you use it on the grass court.
- Very durable
- Stitching does not easily rip off from the texture
- Excellent quality for the price
- A bit heavier
6. GoSports Classic Soccer Ball with Premium Pump – Best Training Soccer Ball
Coming from the GoSports store, these classic soccer balls are available to purchase as single or in a pack that consists of 6 units. It is available in sizes 3, 4, and 5, and the product includes an excellent hand pump to keep the optimal air pressure.
The butyl bladder grants excellent air retention for any type of casual and competitive play. The ball inflates easily with the pump that comes in the pack and offers excellent value for a price that is quite affordable.
- Available as single and packs of 6 balls
- It comes with a pump and needle
- Excellent air retention
- Not very durable on surfaces other than grass
7. Adidas Starlancer V Club Soccer Ball – Best Soccer Ball for the Money
Adidas Starlanceer V club soccer ball is available in team royal blue/white and shock pink/white color in 3 different sizes. It features stroke-style graphics, and it is machine-stitched, which provides you with exceptional durability.
In case the stickers on the ball do not peel off easily, you can do it using water and soap without any issue. The material used in production is 100% thermoplastic polyurethane leather, which provides you with an excellent feel on the court.
- Good price
- Made of high-quality materials for extra durability
- Available in different sizes suitable for different ages
- It comes deflated without a pump
8. Wilson NCAA Copia II Soccer Ball – Best Wilson Soccer Ball
The Wilson NCAA Copia II is available in 3 color patterns and 3 different sizes suitable for kids and adults. It has a 20-panel design, creating enhanced striking zones which provide excellent accuracy and control.
It features a composite leather cover that is lined with foam and carcass winding. The ball is built to last, keep an inflated shape for an extended period, and grant soft touch. The butyl bladder gives it a balanced shape, excellent rebound, and air retention. The ball comes inflated, in excellent shape, and offers excellent value for the money.
- Designed with enhanced striking zones
- Easily detectable in the air
- Lined with foam for suitable kicking feel
- It can become slippery after heavy use
9. Nike 2020-21 Premier League Strike Ball – Best Premium Soccer Ball
Nike Premier League strike ball was designed specifically for the 2020/2023 premier league season. Numerous experts say that it is revolutionary in ball aerodynamics, making it an excellent choice for soccer beginners and professional players.
It is designed for long-term durability, and the rubber bladder helps in maintaining air pressure and the shape of the ball. Its 12-cell design ensures realistic and accurate ball flight, which every buyer is looking for. Although the price might be a bit high for someone that looks for a budget soccer ball, it is worth spending some extra cash because the value is excellent.
- Excellent value
- Multiple color options
- Rubber bladder for air pressure and shape maintenance
- It might be too light for some users
In order to get the best possible soccer ball, various factors should be taken into consideration. These balls come in different shapes, sizes and possess different qualities. To help you in this research, we have put together a list of brief guidelines you should follow to get the best possible product for your money’s worth.
Type of Use
Soccer balls are typically divided into three different types of use. We have premium balls that are used on the highest competitive levels. They are used by professionals and are also the most expensive.
Finally, we have training balls that are designed to be durable and take quite a lot of beating. They are excellent for any type of surface or age group. Usually, they are created of materials that can withstand prolonged periods of use on rough surfaces like clay or concrete. These balls are also come at the lowest price and are suitable for training and practice.
Every age group requires a different ball size, mainly to prevent injuries and provide players with proper skill development. There is a total of 3 ball sizes you can pick of 3, 4, and 5. Size 3 balls are smaller and excellent for beginners.
The cover is the outer part of the soccer ball, and it does the essential job of covering the ball’s inner bladder and providing a suitable playing feel and assuring durability. Soccer balls are generally covered either with PVC or Polyurethane.
PVC is the least expensive material, but it is quite resistant and durable. Polyurethane is costlier material, and it is used for premium match and professional soccer balls. These balls are softer, easier to control and offer a quality response when kicked.
Always look to buy soccer balls from trusted and reliable brands. Buying an off-brand product might result in poor quality and unexpected problems after the first couple of uses. Although premium brand balls come at a higher price, they are better in quality and will last you longer.
Read also: Best Youth Goalie Gloves Soccer
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of soccer balls are used in professional matches?
Size 5 balls are used in professional matches. This is FIFA standard, and these balls are made of premium quality polyurethane.
Do soccer balls get inflated with helium?
On the professional level, no. The main reason for this is that the helium does not make any difference to the ball’s behavior both in the air and on the court. Regular air is used to inflate the balls in professional matches.
What should I use to clean soccer balls after use?
You should only use a wet cloth and avoid detergents and chemicals that can damage the ball’s outer shell.
What is soccer ball size suited for kids under the age of 11?
For this age, it is recommended to use ball sizes 3 and 4. Size 3 is better suited for beginners, while size 4 is better for kids between 8 and 11 years of age.
How long does a soccer ball last?
This factor largely depends on the materials used in the production of the ball and the surfaces you play your matches on. If you play on high-quality grass, it is likely that the ball will last longer than on clay, concrete, or asphalt. As for the ball’s lifespan, it is rare for the soccer ball to last longer than two years.
Weighing on numerous choices can often turn even the simplest purchase into a challenge. When you decide to buy a soccer ball, make sure that you have considered all the important features such as material, durability, visual appearance, and of course, price.
It is also important to reach for second or even third opinions to get a clearer image of the product. Going through thorough research almost always grants an excellent purchase, and we hope our list will help you make the educated decision in purchasing the best soccer ball.
Check also these soccer balls available on Amazon:
- adidas unisex-adult soccer ball
- High-contrast graphics help you easily track the ball
- Molded grooves designed for consistent spin when the ball is in the air
- 60% rubber; 15% polyurethane; 13% polyester; 12% EVA
- Material: Synthetic
- Machine-stitched, standard size soccer ball
- SIZED FOR 12 plus: Size 5 ball (official size) suggested for ages 12 plus
- KEEPS ITS SHAPE: Butyl bladder for best air retention
- REQUIRES INFLATION: Ships flat, pump not included
- adidas unisex-adult soccer ball
- For soccer purists, The Traditional is the first choice for the backyard, street or pitch. This machine-sewn ball has the classic black and white panel design and performance for any and every match.
- Synthetic leather cover for increased durability
- Butyl rubber bladder for excellent air and shape retention
- Traditional panel graphics with silver ACcents
- Recreational use
- Herman, Steve (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 40 Pages - 08/16/2017 (Publication Date) - CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (Publisher)
- A soccer ball inspired by the UEFA Champions League
- SIZED FOR 12+: Size 5 ball (official size) suggested for ages 12+
- DURABLE COVER: TPU cover is durable and long lasting
- REQUIRES INFLATION: Ships flat, pump not included
- KEEPS ITS SHAPE: Butyl bladder for best air retention
- Indoor/outdoor size 5 soccer ball - recommended for ages 12 and up
- 4 ply soft touch PU synthetic leather cover for added softness
- Air lock butyl bladder for exceptional air and shape retention during regular play
- Color: Blue/Black/White
- Ball ships deflated - inflation required (pump not included)
- Professional Quality BALLS FOR LESS - Quality and Reasonable pricing so football players like ourselves could access products of the same quality without having to feel the guilt of paying large...
- High quality PU leather that will last way longer than any cheap foam products out there. With our seamless stiching you dont have to worry about water siping through or the panels breaking only after...
- Avoid training or playing with foam balls that will easily peal apart or skid when wet and go for what the Pro's use!
- Your at the right place if your looking for affortable, leather, high quality ball to take your game to the next level!
- DUAL-BONDED TECHNOLOGY: The panels are printed with 3mm edge glue and stitched. In the heat mold, the glue is activated to seal the stitches - reducing any potential water uptake significantly
- PREMIUM BALL CONSTRUCTION: The underlying foam is made of a 3mm thick and exclusive material that gives the ball a softer, lighter and more comfortable touch
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Subtle textured cover combined with a soft touch and reactive bounce gives the Blaze DB incredible playability
- FIFA and NFHS APPROVED: Meets or exceeds all requirements for NFHS(National Federation of High Schools) and is FIFA Approved