How to watch IPL in Australia: Fox Sports bags the official broadcasting rights of the Indian Premier League in Australia.
FOX SPORTS Australia (FOX SPORTS) is Australia’s leading producer of sports coverage and is home to Australia’s favorite subscription television sports channels as well as Australia’s number one multi-sports website and app.
Fox network allocates a separate channel to telecast all domestic, national, international, and world league cricket matches for the Australian cricket fans.
How to watch IPL in Australia?
Watch IPL in Australia – In 2018, FOX SPORTS launched FOX CRICKET – a brand new 24/7 dedicated cricket channel with a commitment to delivering cricket (both domestic and international) matches and related programming like never before.
FOX SPORTS compiles and produces live content across seven dedicated high definition channels – FOX CRICKET, FOX LEAGUE, FOX SPORTS 3, FOX FOOTY, FOX SPORTS 5, FOX SPORTS 6, and FOX SPORTS More, all available via the Foxtel subscription television platform and available to stream via Foxtel GB and Foxtel Now. The FOX SPORTS channels are also available to stream on Kayo Sports.
Australian fans can watch the IPL with Kayo Sports, which has a 14 day free trial for new customers.
Foxtel Sports brings you the best live sport and channels in Australia including Fox League, Fox Footy, ESPN, beIN, and Fox Cricket. You can catch up on highlights with FOX Minis too.
You will also have access to all the Essentials shows (our base pack) which has all the must-watch shows from lifestyle, comedy, reality, drama, news, and entertainment.
With the Kayo free trial, you will have access to these same IPL broadcasts as Fox Cricket so you can stream all IPL games live using eligible mobile devices.
Kayo Sports doesn’t have a lock-in contract or equipment fees, which means you can cancel anytime if you’re no longer using it.
For fans who want to catch up on the action, Kayo Minis provide a 10-20-minute recap after the play is over. Other Kayo features include Interactive Graphics, SplitView, No Spoilers, and Key Moments, which provide highlights throughout the matches in real-time.
Kayo Sports Subscription Plans
There are two types of plans you can choose from after your free trial.
- The Basic Plan costs $25 per month (stream on two devices),
- The Premium Plan is available for $35 per month (stream on three devices).
Devices supported on Kayo
- PC/Mac: Yes – MacOS 10.12+ (Chrome, Safari, Firefox) & Windows 10 (Chrome, Firefox, Edge); web browser only
- iOS/Android Phones/Tablets: Yes – Via native apps (iOS 11+ and Android 6+)
- Google Chromecast: Yes – Chromecast Ultra, 3rd Generation and Chromecast with Google TV for optimal streaming. SplitView not available
- AppleTV: Yes – tvOS 11+, 4th Generation or higher. Cast available to previous models
- Telstra-TV: Yes – SplitView not available; Telstra TV1 limited to 720p.
- AndroidTV: Yes – Via app for version 7.0 and up on the following devices: Xiaomi Mi Box, Asus Nexus Player, NVIDIA SHIELD, Sony BRAVIA™ and select models of Hisense, Kogan, Mecool, Panasonic, Philips, Sharp and TCL
- Samsung Smart TVs: Yes – 2017 and later models. SplitView not available
- Hisense Smart TV: Select 2019 – 2021 models
- Gaming Consoles: Yes – PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
Fox Cricket can be accessed via foxtel and Foxtel Now. To watch on Foxtel with a Standard or HD TV, you have several choices, including subscribing to the Foxtel Plus pack to access over 50 channels of entertainment, drama, lifestyle, docos, reality, and more.
If you are a new customer to Foxtel Now, you can get the first 10 days of Foxtel Now as a free trial with Sport included. The trial gives you access to all content packs. After the 10 days’ free trial, you can select to add the pack and continue watching Sport.
This option also includes the ability to stream Indian Premier League games using the Foxtel Go app.
Foxtel Subscription Plans
Fox Cricket comes as part of the Foxtel Now Sports Pack ($29 per month) which can only be purchased on top of an Essentials Pack ($25 per month) after your free trial.
Devices supported on foxtel
- PC/Mac: Yes – Web browser only (Chrome for PC; Chrome & Safari for Mac)
- iOS Mobile Devices: Yes – Via native app (iOS 9.3.5 or above)
- Android Mobile Devices: Yes – Via native app (Android 5 and above)
- Google Chromecast: Yes – Via casting (only on Multiroom service)
- Google Nest: Yes – Via compatible Chromecast device connected or built-in to your TV
- AppleTV: Yes – Via AirPlay (only on Multiroom service)
- Smart TVs: Yes – Via casting only (only on Multiroom service)
- Gaming Consoles: No
Foxtel vs Kayo – Features Comparison
|Features||foxtel||Foxtel Now||Kayo Basic||Premium Kayo|
|Devices||iOS, Android (Foxtel GO), iQ||PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Chromecast, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and Samsung, LG and Sony Android TVs||PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Chromecast, Telstra TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Sony Bravia TV, Samsung TV, AirPlay||
PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Chromecast, Telstra TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Sony Bravia TV, Samsung TV, AirPlay
|Concurrent streams||2 (via Foxtel GO)||2||2||3|
* While all the services are capable of delivering HD content, it does depend on a number of factors: 1) Was the broadcast shot in HD? 2) Is your screen capable of displaying HD? 3) Where applicable, such as with Kayo, is your Internet connection fast enough to stream HD?
Foxtel vs Kayo – Price Comparison
|Components||foxtel||Foxtel Now||Kayo||Premium Kayo|
|Set-top box||$125||$99 (optional)||$0||$0|
|Base monthly fee (with HD sport)||$74||$54||$25||$35|
|Free trial||No||10-day free trial||14-day free trial||
14-day free trial
|Minimum cost after 12 months||$1,113||$648||$300||$420|
How to Add Sports Pack on Foxtel Now?
You can simply click the ‘Add Sport’ button to include the Sport pack with the Essentials base pack. Check your cart at the bottom of your screen before you check out. Once you are happy, you can start your 10-day free trial by following the 2-step checkout process. Easy.