The 2021-22 Indian Super League season It will be the eighth season of the Indian Super League (ISL), India's leading professional soccer league. See the ISL 2021-22 points table.
Mumbai City FC is the defending champion, after defeating ATK Mohan Bagan in the final. Mumbai City FC is also the defending winner of the League Winners Shield. Therefore, the team became the first club to win the ISL championship title, as well as the premier.
Indian Super League is a professional soccer tournament that will start the new season from November 19, 2021.
See the current rules of ISL 2021-22.
Changes to the ISL
- A club can now sign a maximum of six and minimum of four foreigners, including at least one player from an AFC affiliated nation.
- A maximum of four foreigners can play on the field at any time during a match.
- A decrease in the number of foreign players from 5 to 4 forces clubs to have a minimum of seven Indian players on the field at any one time.
- A club also has the option of signing a foreign player within the classifications approved by the League.
- Clubs will increase their signing of developing players from a minimum of 2 to 4, while continuing to have 2 of those developing players as part of the match day squad.
- A club can have a maximum squad of 35 players, with at least 3 registered goalkeepers. A club may also have an injury replacement for an Indian player (out of the maximum of 35 registered players).
- The team's salary cap remains at 16.5 million rupees ($ 2.2 million) for the 2021-22 season.
ISL 2021-22 Points Table - Indian Super League
|Mumbai City FC||8||5||two||one||sixteen||7|
|Kerala Blasters FC||9||3||one||5||14||14|
|NorthEast United FC||8||two||5||two||8||-6|
|SC East Bengal||8||0||4||4||4||-8|
Permanent rules of ISL 2021-22
The final position of the Club in the league table (when all Clubs have played all their League Matches) is determined in this order:
- Highest number of points obtained in all league matches
2. If two or more clubs are equal based on the above criteria, your place will be determined as follows:
- The highest number of points obtained in the League Matches between the clubs in question.
- Higher goal difference resulting from league matches between the clubs in question
- The highest number of goals scored in league matches between the clubs in question.
- Higher goal difference in all league matches
- Most goals scored in all league matches.
- Highest fair play ranking
- Draw by league