Lords is the cricket venue in John's wood, London, England. It is the world's oldest cricket ground. It was founded in 1814, by Thomas Lord. Its name is also given on the name of Thomas Lord. The Lord's cricket ground is owned by the Marylebone cricket club. Lord is widely known as the home of cricket. Lords have the capacity to hold 30,000 spectators. Two ends of Lords are Nursery end and Pavilion end. The Nursery end is named after Henderson agricultural Nursery, in 1887. Lords has its own beautiful history, many players dream to play a test match in Lord's cricket ground. Check Lord's London Stadium.
- The first, Test was played in 1884 from 21 July to 23 July. Between England and Australia.
- The first, ODI was played on 26, August 1972. Between England and Australia.
- The first, T20i was played on 5, June 2009. Between England and Netherlands.
- The first, WODI was played on 4, August 1976. Between England and Australia.
- The First and only WT20I was played in June 21, 2009. Between England and New Zealand.
Lords England, whether forecast
|MONTHS||Day Temperature||Night Temperature||Humidity||Rain days|
Major Records at Lords cricket ground
- Total match played =130
- Highest total by a team: 729/6 declared by Australia in 1930 against England.
- Lowest total by a team : 38 all out by Ireland in 2019 against England.
- Highest total by an individual : 333 runs by Graham Gooch against India in 1990.
- Best bowling figure in an innings: 8/34 by Ian Botham against Pakistan in 1978.
- Best bowling figure in a match :16/137 by Bob Massie against England in 1972.
- Total match played = 70.
- Highest total by a team: 334/4 in 60 overs by England against India, in 1975.
- Loweswt total by a team: 107 all out in 32.1 overs by south africa against england, in 2003.
- Highest individual score: 138 by sir viv Richards aginst england in 1979.
- Best bowling figure : 6/35 by Shaieen Shah Afridi agianst England in 2019
- Highest total by a team: 199/4 in 20 overs by west indies in 2018 against ICC world 11.
- Lowest total by a team: 93 all out in 17.3 overs by Netherlands against Pakistan in 2009.
- Highest individual score : 78 by Mahela jayawardene against Ireland, in 2009
- Best bowling figure in an innings: 4/11 by Shahid Afridi aginst Netherlands in 2009
ALSO CHECK: List of popular Cricket Stadium in India
Pitch Report of Lord's cricket ground
we can see Greenery on the lord's pitch. The pitch at Lords mainly helps bowlers, especially fast bowlers. Batsmen struggle on the lord's pitch, mainly opening pair of batsmen. Bowlers get a huge swing here, with a new bowl. Spinner also gets spins and bounce from the pitch, which helps them. Batsmen also score runs here but bowlers are dominant here.