Since the game of racquetball requires a lot of side-to-side movement, you need specialized gear. The best racquetball shoes will provide you with enough mobility and ease of movement to get the best possible results in the game.
Of course, mobility is not the only important factor to consider since, as the match progresses, you need to feel comfortable as well. These shoes are specifically designed to grip you to the floor and provide adequate support as you move on the court. Although sports shoes for similar hard-court sports can benefit racquetball players, they are not an ideal choice.
Shopping for racquetball shoes might prove challenging in today’s market, so to help you narrow down your research for the best ones, we have made a list of the best products for your money’s worth in the section below.
Hit the Court with the Best Racquetball Shoes
1. New Balance 623 V3 – Best Overall
Apart from being an excellent choice for racquetball, New Balance 623 V3 is a comfortable and supportive solution for gym workouts and everyday walking. The shoe is available in 8 different colors and various sizes.
The midsole is shock-absorbent, lightweight, and highly durable. The full-length EVA grants you an excellent and stable platform that makes your feet move more naturally. Between the insole and midsole lies an internal shank that is designed to prevent any discomfort in your feet and reduce the risks of injuries.
2. Adidas Advantage Sneaker – Best Adidas Racquetball Shoes
Adidas Advantage is a sneaker available in 13 different colors and various sizes. It has a minimal, clean-looking design and sticks to classic white and black variations, while the bottom of the shoe differs in color.
As far as the styling goes, the shoe is quite versatile, and apart from being an excellent choice for racquetball, it is good for other everyday activities and fits well with various clothing combinations. However, the forefoot might feel a bit narrow, so before purchasing, make sure to read the size chart thoroughly.
3. HEAD Men’s Sonic 2000 MID Racquetball – Best-Selling Racquetball Shoes
The Sonic 2000 is specifically designed for racquetball and squash, and it comes from the world-renowned brand HEAD. It is an excellent upgrade to the Sonic 900 for everyone who loves this best-selling model shoe.
The non-marking gum rubber compound ensures excellent traction necessary for effective racquetball games and great durability on every court type. The EVA midsole grants you shock absorption when landing hard on firm surfaces.
4. Wilson RUSH PRO 2.5 – Best Wider Feet Racquetball Shoes
Wilson Rush Pro 2.5 is available in two color layers and a variety of different sizes. It is light, comfy, and offers excellent feet support for long and exhausting racquetball games while being very durable and breathable.
The uni-tongue and the rest of the interior of the shoe are an excellent fit and provide you with an excellent feel while on the court. Although there is enough breathing room for the foot inside this shoe, the main negative about it is that your feet might become wet, especially when you wear them in a warm environment.
5. Python Deluxe Indoor Court Shoes – Best Traction Racquetball Shoes
Python Deluxe shoes separate themselves from the rest of the racquetball shoes by the way they address breathability. Most of the shoes usually provide breathability with their upper mesh, while Python Deluxe has a leather exterior and interior mesh that provide excellent air circulation.
The back heel of Python Deluxe is very thick and durable, enhancing shock absorption and stability during landing, while the interior mesh will keep your feet dry and increase your mobility and ease of movement. The shoe is lightweight, comfortable, and comes at a reasonable price.
6. ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket 9 – Best Lightweight Racquetball Shoes
ASICS GEL-rocket 9 has a lace closure system that grants you optimal fit and excellent racquetball gameplay. These racquetball shoes have a lightweight mesh top portion that is armored with synthetic overlays that provide excellent comfort and feet support.
The gum rubber outsole provides you with a more natural composition, and it is able to withstand any wear and tear and grants you extra durability. ASICS GEL-rocket’s GEL cushioning offers great shock-absorption support at the toe-off that is necessary for comfortable matches.
7. HI-TEC Ad Pro Indoor Sports Shoes – Most Comfortable Racquetball Shoes
HI-TEC Ad Pro shoes have a wide range of excellent features, among which the most praised one is durability. This pair can take quite a lot of beating during racquetball matches and provides you with excellent comfort, feel, and fit.
This shoe provides you with excellent stability and keeps your foot in place no matter how hard you move from side to side. The design is lightweight, and it contributes to an already high comfort level.
8. Head Men’s Sprint Pro Indoor Shoe – Best HEAD Racquetball Shoes
Head Men’s Sprint Pro Indoor shoe provides you with comfort above everything else, and its thermoplastic polyurethane grants you just that. These shoes improve body posture and grant you the court traction necessary for a quality racquetball game.
It is an excellent pair of shoes, but its construction is a bit heavy, so in case you can ignore this flaw, Head Men’s Sprint Pro will fit you excellently and provide high levels of comfort and support.
Racquetball shoes often have durability issues because of the nature of the sport and the need for constant side-to-side movement.
However, if you know where to look and tiny details you need to pay attention to, you will have a successful purchase of the product that will last you for an extended period.
To help you in this endeavor, we have put together a list of guidelines to follow so that you can get the most value for your money’s worth.
When purchasing a pair of racquetball shoes, it is crucial to get the ones that provide you with quality traction on smooth surfaces. It is important to pay attention to this to avoid any unnecessary slips and injuries.
Most racquetball shoes are equipped with gum rubber outsoles that grip you effectively on the court. Traction is not the only advantage of these outsoles since they also do not leave marks or streaking on the court.
When it comes to racquetball shoes, feet protection comes from quality cushioning and/or padding, and it is installed in the forefoot, heel, or mid-foot region. This type of feet protection allows you to perform quick movement quickly and reduces the risks of injuries, and unlike tennis shoes, they offer excellent ankle support.
Racquetball requires a lot of side-to-side movement and quick change of directions to play it effectively, and all these actions cannot be performed if you have a rigid and bulky pair of shoes. A flexible pair will provide you with excellent mobility and provide the necessary ease of movement no matter your position on the court.
Durability is one of the key aspects you consider when purchasing a pair of racquetball shoes. Unless you are prepared to spend the money on a new one every couple of months, you should consider saving up some money and purchasing a quality pair that is durable and can withstand tough matches that require a lot of movement.
The level of comfort is absolutely crucial aspect when purchasing racquetball shoes, whether you are a casual player or a professional. Pick the pair with a quality midsole that will provide your ankles and heels with adequate cushioning that will reduce the chances of injuries and keep you comfy during a match.
One important consideration that is often overlooked when making this purchase is stability. It is often sacrificed over mobility, especially in pairs that are designed for professional players, which leaves amateur and casual players at the risk of injury. It is wise to purchase a pair of mid-top racquetball shoes that offer excellent ankle protection to avoid this issue.
Same as tennis players, racquetball players require a lot of ankle support from their footwear. The rolled ankle is one of the most common injuries in this sport; thus, you require a mid or high-top pair of shoes to reduce unnecessary risks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I play racquetball in tennis shoes?
It is not recommended to do this due to the risk of injuries. Racquetball courts are generally smooth and smaller, which increases the chance of slipping and falling if you do not use adequate pair of shoes that offer suitable traction.
Which shoes are best for racquetball?
Since racquetball is played indoors on slippery and smooth courts, it is best to choose quality shoes that are meant for this type of use. However, if you cannot get your hands on a good pair, you can also wear basketball or tennis shoes as well.
Why should I keep a pair of racquetball shoes for indoor use only?
If you are an active racquetball player, it is essential to keep a pair for indoor use only since the gum soles on the bottom of the shoes can get worn out and collect layers of dust which will reduce traction.
Can I wash my racquetball shoes in the washing machine?
They can be washed in the washing machine, but it largely depends on the material and overall quality of the shoe. The safest course is to read the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that product is machine washable.
Which brands have the best racquetball shoes?
All the products we have listed come from the trusted brands that produce excellent racquetball shoes, among which the more notable ones are New Balance, Asics, Adidas, HEAD, and Wilson.
Racquetball shoes are not only an excellent choice for this sport, but they are also great for other indoor sports, jogging, or casual walks, making them a worthy investment of the money.
There are numerous brands that will offer you excellent comfort, traction, and fit, so make sure to read our guide carefully before spending money because you will surely find your favorite among our picks.
Take a look at these racquetball shoes that are available right now on Amazon:
- Breathable mesh underlays
- Supportive midfoot panels
- Durable toe and heel counter
- Synthetic Leather and Mesh Upper - Lightweight, comfortable and breathable, enhancing performance and fit.
- GEL Technology - Cushioning provides excellent shock absorption
- Stable Construction - Lateral wrap-up outsole construction in the forefoot improves stability
- Trusstic System technology - Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- Gum rubber outsole - Improves grip on court surfaces
- Men's leather tennis shoes with suede details
- Lace closure for a snug fit
- Full grain leather upper for durability
- Cloudfoam Super midsole for superior comfort and cushioning
- Rubber outsole provides secure traction
- Women's running-inspired shoes with futuristic style
- WOMEN'S-SPECIFIC FIT: Hugs the foot for a snug feel
- SOFT UPPER: Knit upper is soft and breathable
- CUSHIONED UNDERFOOT: Cloudfoam midsole and sockliner
- TRACTION: Rubber outsole for grip
- You've finally found the perfect EE Wide Width Indoor Gummy Sole for use in Racquetball, Squash, Badminton, & Indoor Pickleball
- Extremely High Quality Synthetic Leather Upper with Open Mesh Inserts for Ultra Light Weight and Breathability
- Non-Marking Gum Rubber/Lightweight EVA Insole for Comfort and Cushioning
- Shoe Weight: 11.6 oz (Size 10.5)
- Die-cut Artholite insoles provide superior shock absorption and deodorization as well as breathable comfort
- 4D Support Chassis Technology Asymmetrical heel-to-toe chassis delivers enhanced stability and limits supination for more controlled pivot movements while setting up for powerful strokes.
- Sensifeel Minimally layered upper construction upgrades comfort while maintaining superior support.
- Medial Rubber Drag Pad Rubber overlay in the medial area supplies additional durability and protection when dragging the foot.
- OrthoLite EVA Molded High-density OrthoLite foam offers maximum cushioning and impressive longevity.
- DF2 Heel-toe drop (9 mm) provides best compromise between comfort and performance.
- Upper: Breathable lining and mesh upper material. Durable synthetic leather accents. Features Drift Defense medial protection. Energy Frame TPU heel stabilizer.
- Midsole: Mesh sock-construction provides enhanced comfort. Low to ground EVA midsole. TPU midfoot shank for torsional stiffness.
- Outsole: Non-marking indoor rubber outsole.
- Color: Black/Teal
- Item #: 273710-10
- Men's tennis shoes for versatile play
- Lace closure for a snug fit
- Lightweight textile upper offers flexibility
- Lightweight Bounce cushioning provides enhanced comfort and flexibility; Geofit construction for anatomical fit and comfort
- Rubber outsole provides excellent grip
- Asics Gel-Tactic 003_Black/Silver 8.5
- Great for any Indoor Court: Racquetball, Squash, Badminton, Pickleball, Volleyball
- Synthetic Leather Upper
- Air Mesh Upper
- Non-Marking Gum Rubber Outsole
- HyBrasion - High abrasion compound