Overseas Players Who Could Miss IPL 2023: As per the IPL 2023 schedule, the 15th edition of the cash-rich league kickstarts from March 26 with the first match between CSK and KKR at Wankhede Stadium.
As a part of the preparation, last week seeks two major announcements from the participating teams where RCB announced their new skipper during the RCB unbox event 2023 and Gujarat Titans unveiled their jersey in Ahmedabad stadium.
Apart from the below players who could miss the first week of the IPL 2023 season, we have listed the IPL 2023 withdraw players list along with the replacement players list for the upcoming season.
Overseas Players Who Could Miss IPL 2023
With weeks away from the season, here are the possible international series that forces the players to skip the tournament in order to continue their national duty.
Here are the three international series that may disrupt the availability of overseas stars.
- West Indies vs. England: England is currently competing in a Test series against West Indies. The last match of the series will be played on 28th March.
- Pakistan v Australia: Australia and Pakistan are currently playing a Test series, which will be followed by three ODIs and one T20I. The Test series will end on 25th March, whereas the tour will be over on 5th April.
- South Africa v Bangladesh: South Africa will play three ODIs and two Tests against Bangladesh. This ODI series will end on 23rd March, whereas the Test series will end on 12th April.
Top Overseas Players Who Could Miss First Week of IPL
- Dwaine Pretorius – Chennai Super Kings
- Jofra Archer – Mumbai Indians
- Pat Cummins – Kolkata Knight Riders
- Aaron Finch – Kolkata Knight Riders
- Rassie van der Dussen – Rajasthan Royals
- Marco Jansen – Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Sean Abbott – Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Aiden Markram – Sunrisers Hyderabad
- David Warner – Delhi Capitals
- Mitchell Marsh–Delhi Capitals
- Anrich Nortje (injury) – Delhi Capitals
- Mustafizur Rahman – Delhi Capitals
- Lungi Ngidi – Delhi Capitals
- Jason Behrendorff – Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Glenn Maxwell – Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Josh Hazlewood – Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Jonny Bairstow – Punjab Kings
- Kagiso Rabada – Punjab Kings
- Nathan Ellis – Punjab Kings
- Marcus Stoinis – Lucknow Super Giants
- Jason Holder – Lucknow Super Giants
- Kyle Mayers – Lucknow Super Giants
- Mark Wood – Lucknow Super Giants
- Quinton de Kock – Lucknow Super Giants
- David Miller – Gujarat Titans
- Alzarri Joseph – Gujarat Titans