The recent washed out Belgian Grand Prix had people questioning how one can get a refund on their race tickets. The FIA directly stated that they did not handle ticket sales and could do nothing about it. So how can you get a refund on your Formula 1 ticket? What conditions are applicable? Here we answer these questions for you.
How To Get A Refund On Your Formula 1 Ticket?
You can request a refund for your ticket on F1 experiences. To get a refund, you must apply in the refund section and need to fill out a form as soon as you know you will not be able to attend the race. You can also cancel your booking up to 60 days after the booking and be eligible for a refund.
F1 Ticket Refund Policy, Rules And Regulations
The refund policy does not cover any Covid related travel restrictions. It is also not applicable to the ticket plus hotel packages.
- Illness / Injury (including Covid-19)
- Pre-existing Medical Condition
- Pregnancy Complication
- Death of Immediate Family
- Public Transport Failure
- Flight disruption
- Mechanical Breakdown
- Adverse Weather
- Theft of Documents
- Jury Service
- Court Summons
- Armed Forces & Emergency Services Recall
- Relocated for Work
- Changes to Examination Dates
One has to provide evidence, always subject to the General Conditions of Refund.
READ: How to buy Formula 1 Tickets
General Conditions Of Refund For Formula 1 Tickets From The Store
- No refunds if there is for any reason associated with a Communicable Disease (including Covid-19) pandemic or epidemic, except for those reasons listed in the Covid-19 of these terms.
- Any reason for refund must not have existed or foreseeable at the time of booking.
- No refunds if the booking is no longer wanted or needed.
- No refunds through this process where your booking is canceled or cannot be fulfilled by the provider, or where the provider should refund directly
- One must make all arrangements to arrive in time to attend the booking, including necessary permits, travel documents and visas.
- Take all reasonable precautions or make alternate arrangements to prevent or reduce any refund request.
- F1 will ask you to provide supporting evidence at your own expense, and a copy of the booking confirmation
- You will need to provide your bank account details so that F1 can make the refund payment directly to your chosen bank account.
- Maximum refund value per person will not exceed the total value of their share of the booking, or £10,000 GBP (or alternative currency equivalent).