Boxing legend Mary Kom challenges only the impossible and shows the world how nothing is actually unachievable. Mary has stunned the world several times in the past with her feats and the star boxer is again at the edge of registering one more mammoth win.
‘Magnificent Mary’ as we like to call her, has yet again stormed into the finals of Women’s World Boxing Championships that is currently being held in Delhi.
As the five-time World Champion eye to win her 6th World Championship title, she raises the question that how, even at 35 years of age, she manages to remain in robust health and defeat boxers much younger than her.
Here are the fitness secrets of the country’s pride, Mary Kom.
- No matter how busy is her day, Mary doesn’t miss her everyday morning exercise routine which includes running, stretching, skipping, hopping, punching, kicking the bag for half-an-hour each, as reported by healthnutrition.co.in.
- She runs for 14kms daily and also prefers to do some floor exercises along with the above exercises.
- She prefers to eat balanced and nutritional diet. She eats a light snack before her workout and then eats a heavy breakfast. She avoids eating spicy food.
- The star boxer strictly maintains her diet schedule. She eats her breakfast between 1-2pm and dinner between 8-9pm.
- She keeps herself hydrated and active throughout the day by having lots of juices. A glass of milk before going to bed is a must for her.
- To keep herself focused and maintain her mental balance – which is integral for any athlete – Mary does brain-eye coordination exercises. She also doesn’t shy away from taking required nutritional supplements.
- The dedicated athlete trains for 8 hours in a day – 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the evening.