Known as the ‘Dubki King’ of Indian Kabaddi, Pardeep Narwal came into limelight after his stellar performance for Patna Pirates in the Pro-Kabaddi League. Hailing from a small village in Sonepat, Haryana, Pardeep has come a long way in the sport and is now a regular member of India Kabaddi team.
He played in Indian team that won the Kabaddi World Championship last year and he has started this year by recently lifting the title at Dubai Masters series. He was recently retained by Patna Pirates for the 6th season of PKL.
We look at some of the unknown facts of the Most Valuable player on Indian Kabaddi circuit
1) Pardeep Narwal was brought by Bengaluru Bulls in the second season of PKL in 2015. The youngster then did not manage to start even a single game in the season. He was used as a substitute and managed to pick up 9 points.
2) In the third season of PKL (2016), Pardeep was brought by Patna Pirates. He had a very productive season where he scored 116 points in 15 matches, which also included 5 tackle points helping his team to lift the title that season.
3) Pardeep is the second best raider in PKL history with 632 points from 64 matches. Telgu Titans Rahul Chaudhari heads the table with 710 points from 79 matches.
4) Pirates paid Rs 60.5 Lakhs to retain Pardeep’s service for the 2018 PKL season.
5) In the 5 season so far Pardeep is second on the list of Super10s with 29, he has scored 32 super raid points to top the chart in 64 matches in his career
6) Pardeep is known for his ‘Dubki raid’ which has helped him to earn maximum points during the crucial phase of important matches. He holds the record of highest points (34) against Puneri Paltan in a single match helping Pirates register 69-30 victory