Switzerland’s Roger Federer returned to top spot in the men’s Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) world singles rankings released on Monday after he won his 98th career title in Germany.
The 20-time Grand Slam champion overtook Spain’s Rafael Nadal as world number one with a 6-4, 7-6(3) victory over Canada’s Milos Raonic in Stuttgart Open on Sunday.
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov climbed to the fifth spot while Croatia’s Marin Cilic fell to the sixth.
South Africa’s Kevin Anderson remained in the eighth position, ahead of Belgium’s David Goffin and American John Isner
Romania’s Simona Halep remained on top of Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) rankings released on Monday, ahead of the upcoming 2018 Wimbledon.
The Grand Slam tournament is due to take place on July 2 until July 15 in London.
Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark maintained the second position with 6,745 points ahead of Spain’s Garbiñe Muguruza.
Meanwhile, Ashleigh Barty of Australia jumped one spot to be world No. 16, following her victory at Nottingham Open on Sunday.
Further down the rankings, Colombian Mariana Duque-Mariño jumped 16 places to be ranked the 96th, returning to the top 100 list thanks to her victory in International Tennis Federation (ITF) Hungary 02A.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 7,970 points
2. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 6,745
3. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 6,550
4. Sloane Stephens (US) 5,463
5. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,205
6. Caroline Garcia (France) 4,970
7. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 4,685
8. Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 4,610
9. Venus Williams (US) 3,971
10. Madison Keys (US) 3,536.
The current ATP rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 8,920 points
2. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 8,770
3. Alexander Zverev (Germany) 5,965
4. Juan Martin del Potro (Argentina) 5,080
5. Grigor Dimitrov (Bulgaria) 4,870
6. Marin Cilic (Croatia) 4,860
7. Dominic Thiem (Austria) 3,835
8. Kevin Anderson (South Africa) 3,635
9. David Goffin (Belgium) 3,110
10. John Isner (US) 3,070.
– With inputs from IANS